iPhones are some of the most secure smartphones out there, and that’s why most of us use them for payment with Apple Pay. But, what if you lost your iPhone?
Will your credit card info be safe? How to Remove Apple Pay from lost iPhone? Let’s find out the answers to these questions and more.
Apple Ecosystem is known for its robust security feature, and it comes with tons of great security & privacy-centric features that you can use if your iPhone gets stolen or lost. For starter, you can enable the “Lost Mode,” which will disable the Apple Pay & Enable the location sharing. Secondly, you can do take further measures to completely erase your data if you think you are not going to get your iPhone back. Let’s take a look at these security measures in detail.
Table of Contents
What do I do if I lost my iPhone?
If you have lost your iPhone, then you must take these steps to ensure that your data is safe and your device is not used for any illegal activity.
- The first step you should take is to enable the “Lock Mode” on your iPhone. It will protect your device with a passcode, and it also allows you to display a custom message on it. Moreover, it will also allow you to track your iPhone and disable Apple Pay.
- Second step is to report to your Local Police department and provide the details about the lost or stolen device.
- Third step is to contact your wireless carrier and ask them to disable your account so that it doesn’t get used for any illegal activity.
How to Remove Apple Pay from Lost iPhone?
If you want to remove Apple Pay from Lost iPhone, then you can do it via iCloud. The whole process is very simple, and you can easily do it by following these steps.
- Open iCloud.com via any Web Browser of your choice.
- Enter your credentials and log in to the iCloud.
- Now find the “settings” icon and click it. Alternatively, click on your name in the right top corner and click “iCloud Settings.
- Here you will find all the information on Apple Pay and which devices have the Apple Pay.
- Find the Stolen or lost iPhone and open it in the new window.
- Here you will find the list of all Credit Cards which are connected with the Apple Pay.
- Find “Remove All” and click it.
- Now confirm your action, and that’s it.
You have successfully removed the Apple Pay from your lost iPhone. If you think that you can get your iPhone back, then you choose the other option, which is enabling the Lost Mode. It will disable Apple Pay and will allow you to find your iPhone. If you are interested, then keep reading because I will explain it in the next section.
How do I find my lost iPhone and Disable Apple Pay?
If you want to find your lost iPhone and disable the Apple Pay, then you can enable the Lock Mode on your iPhone. It will allow the location sharing, disable the Apple Pay, and allow you to set the custom message on the iPhone.
How to enable the Lost Mode from iPhone?
If you have another iPhone, then you can simply activate the Lost Mode from that iPhone. Here’s how you will do it.
- Open the Find my iPhone App on the iPhone
- Enter the Login Credentials for your Account
- Now tap on your lost iPhone
- Once you open it, you will find various options.
- Find “Lost Mode” and tap it.
- Now tap “Turn on Lose Mode,” and then you can proceed to enter your custom message.
How to enable the Lost Mode from iCloud?
If you don’t have another iPhone, then you can use your computer to enable the Lost Mode. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Browser and type iCloud.com/#find
- Now enter the login credentials of your account.
- The Two Factor Authentication prompt will pop up, and if you have the same ID on your account, you can easily verify it. Or you will receive the verification code on other trusted devices.
- Once you are in the iCloud, Click on the lost iPhone, and the options will pop up.
- Click on “Lost Mode,” You can proceed to set up the custom message on the display of lost iPhone.
- Now click “Done,” and that’s it.
Does Lock Mode lock your iPhone?
Yes, when you enable the Lock Mode, it locks the iPhone, and other people won’t be able to open it.
What happens if you lose your phone with Apple Pay?
Nothing will happen if you enable the Lost Mode. The Lose mode will disable Apple Pay, and one won’t be able to use it for payments. On top of that, if you want, you can simply remove your Cards from Apple pay for the lost iPhone.
Can someone unlock my stolen iPhone?
Apple uses the state of the art encryption technologies to ensure that your data is safe. So, even if someone has your iPhone, it’s impossible to unlock your phone without your Passcode. You can be sure that your data will be safe, and if you don’t want to take any risk, you can simply delete all of your data via iCloud.
That’s all, folks. I hope this guide helped you find answers to this question. If you have lost your iPhone, then I can understand that it’s a hard time for you, but luckily, you can use the Find my iPhone feature to locate your iPhone, and you will get it back.
Also, if you want, you can block your iPhone with IMEI number, and you will find it in on the back of your iPhone Box. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment sections below. Good Luck with finding your iPhone!
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.