NFC is a popular technology which you can use for a wide range of things, including cashless payments, getting entry to your concerts, and many more.
However, Today I will discuss how you can use it as a Hotspot. I will also share the complete process which you can use to set up a Hotspot on your smartphone.
Here is an article on my website that you must read, its about Security & Privacy Threats To NFC In 2023 | How To Make It Safer?
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Can I Use NFC As A Hotspot?
If you want to use your smartphone as a Hotspot, you can do it, but you can’t do it by using your smartphone. Instead, you will need an NFC Tag, which you can write and then use it to toggle the Hotspot on your smartphone.
Here’s how you can use the NFC Tag to toggle Hotspot on your smartphone. Before I get to the process, it’s important to mention here that you can toggle the Hotspot on your smartphone even without the NFC Tag.
However, the good thing about NFC Tags is that you can program them to do various tasks, including turning on Hotspot on your smartphone. Let’s get to the process.
- Step 1: In the first step, you will need to get NFC Tags, and you can easily find them on Amazon or at your local supermarket.
- Step 2: Once you have the NFC Tags, you will need to install the “NFC Smart Q” App, which you will be using to program the NFC Tag.
- Step 3: once you have the app and NFC Tags, enable NFC on your smartphone and open the app.
- Step 4: In the app, go to the write Tag section, and here you will find a number of actions that you can set on your NFC Tag. As we want to enable Hotspot, find “WiFi Hotspot Toggle,” tap it and confirm your action. You can also set other actions on the NFC Tag, such as setting the alarm, making the call, enable silence mode, turning on Bluetooth, and more.
- Step 5: Now, you are all set to use NFC Tag to toggle Hotspot on your smartphone. Just put the NFC Tag behind your smartphone, and Hotspot will be enabled. Similarly, if you want to turn it off, put the NFC Tag behind the phone, and it will be disabled.
That’s how you can use NFC Tag to enable Hotspot on your smartphone. If the above method doesn’t work for you for some reason, you can use Trigger App, which is a great solution for rooted users. Here’s how you can use the Trigger app to enable Hotspot on your smartphone.
- Step 1: Ensure that NFC is enabled on your smartphone and have the working NFC Tag.
- Step 2: Open the Trigger App and click on the green plus icon at the bottom right corner. Now click on the NFC section and tap Next. In the next section, you can place restrictions like on which days you want it to work, time duration, and more. Once you are done with the selection, tap “Done.”
- Step 3: Once the trigger is created, the next step is to enable the action. Now tap on the “Next” button and select the action which you want to happen. For example, as we want to enable Hotspot, go to the “Wireless & Networks” section and check “WIFI Hotspot.” In the next step, you will be asked to enter the Wi-Fi details and then tap “Add Task.”
- Step 4: Now, put the NFC Tag next to your smartphone to write it and follow the instructions on the screen. That’s it.
Is NFC And Hotspot Same?
No, NFC and Hotspot are two different technologies. NFC Technology allows you to do a lot of things, including making payments and turning on Hotspot on your system.
On the other hand, Hotspot technology allows your smartphone to create an internet access point that other devices can use to access the internet.
Can You Use NFC Without Wifi?
Yes, NFC doesn’t rely on Wi-Fi, and it can work without WIFI. However, if you are using NFC for online payment methods such as Google Pay or Apple Pay, you will need a reliable internet connection to complete the transaction.
Can I Use My Smartphone As A Hotspot?
Yes, you can use your smartphone as a Hotspot. Make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection, and then swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the hotspot icon to turn it on.
It’s also possible that the password is enabled on the Hotspot, and you can find the password of your Hotspot from the Hotspot settings.
Are NFC Tags Safe?
NFC Tags are completely safe to use, and they only carry the information. For example, if you write a tag for enabling Hotspot on your smartphone, it will only do this function, and it can’t be used for other purposes unless you rewrite it.
Can I Rewrite The NFC Tags?
Yes, NFC Tags can rewrite many times, and they don’t have any limits. Now when it comes to a number of rewrites, it mainly depends on the IC, but in normal circumstances, you can re-write an NFC Tag up to 100,000 times.
Is It Bad For Your Phone To Use As A Hotspot?
A hotspot is a great feature that allows your phone to turn into an internet access point, and then you can use it to get access to the internet from your tablet or laptop.
So, when it comes to usability and usage, it’s completely safe to use your phone as a Hotspot, and you should do it when you need to do it.
How Long Will 30 GB Of Hotspot Last?
Well, the duration of 30 GB of Hotspot mainly depends on how you are using it. For example, if you are watching movies on Netflix, then you will be able to watch the movies in HD Quality for 10 hours.
Similarly, if you are using it for casual browsing, it can easily last more than 30 hours. You can also use the data saver apps to restrict the usage of data.
Does Hotspot Drain The Phone Battery?
Yes, Hotspot is one of the features which drains a lot of battery. So, when you are not using it, make sure that you turn it off because if you don’t, it will end up draining the battery of your smartphone.
Does Leaving Hotspot On Use Data?
Yes, if the Hotspot is enabled on your smartphone, it will use your data. So, make sure that you turned it off when you are not using it.
Which Carries Has Unlimited Hotspot?
When it comes to unlimited data, there are not many options available, and most of them offer capped data packages that come with limits.
However, Visible is one Network Service provides that offers Unlimited data for $40 per month, but you will experience internet connectivity issues.
Also, if you don’t mind getting a capped data package, you can get one from Verizon or AT&T, which offers better value for money and great internet speed.
Do I Need A Password For Hotspot On My Smartphone?
Hotspots turn a smartphone into an internet access point, which means that anyone with access to your Hotspot can access the internet.
So, it’s important that you have a strong password to make sure that only authorized users get access to your Hotspot.
In this guide, you learned how you can use NFC Tags to enable Hotspot on your smartphone. I also provided answers to some common FAQs on this topic.
If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments. Also, check this guide if you want to learn whether NFC can be used to spy.
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.