In this article, we will compare 3 of the most popular fitness apps – The Garmin connect by Garmin, Samsung health by Samsung, and Apple’s apple health.
For those who don’t know the importance of fitness apps, or feel nervous to install such apps because of some security measures and wrong data accuracy issue, or still are in search of some beneficial handy apps that are compatible with most of the devices, then let me tell you in a precise manner some vital apps with their fascinating features, some of which includes, activity tracking, nutrition tracking, social features, and many others.
When it comes to setting goals and preparing workout for the next day, surely one looks for the utmost fitness apps that sorts out all the hiccups and can offer great opportunities to its users by being a helping tool for them.
Mostly, fitness apps are used by the athletes to keep a check on their daily routine and to remain super fit all day long.
Different fitness apps include Garmin Connect, Samsung Health, Apple Health, Strava, Fitbit, etc. All these apps are slightly different from each other depending on their features that are discussed in this article in a concise way.
Is Garmin Connect better than Samsung Health and Apple Health?
According to our experience, it has been found that Garmin Connect is preferable and is widely used instead of Samsung Health and Apple Health because of its miraculous features.
It is one of the great fitness tracker apps that are more user-friendly instead of the other two apps and it is our preferable app. So, let us look at the unique features that make it one step ahead.
I have written a comprehensive guide that will help you with synching Garmin connect to other popular 3rd party apps.
What features make Garmin Connect unique then Samsung Health?
- It has a music playback opportunity, but Samsung Health does not.
- It can support routes effectively instead of Samsung Health.
- It can provide sleep reports rather than Samsung Health
- It is compatible with iOS, but Samsung Health is not.
- It can track elevation up to the good mark instead of Samsung Health.
- It contains a stopwatch but Samsung health does not.
- It can be personalized but Samsung Health cannot.
- It contains a live tracking feature, but Samsung Health doesn’t.
Similar features of Garmin Connect and Samsung Health:
- Both apps are compatible with android.
- Both are freemium fitness apps.
- Both apps support widgets.
- Both can count the number of calories burnt a day.
- Both are compatible with external heart rate monitors.
- Both can track data and measured pace.
- Both can provide activity reports.
- Both include access to an online portal.
- Both include achievements.
- Both can track weight and BMI.
- Both include route tracker.
- Both can sync data to the cloud.
What are the Drawbacks of Garmin Connect and Samsung Health?
Drawbacks of Garmin Connect:
- It does not contain pass code.
- It cannot capture photos.
- It cannot track calorie intake.
- It cannot provide a way for coaching.
- Its battery drains off quickly when in GPS or Bluetooth mode.
Drawbacks of Samsung Health:
- It cannot support routes.
- It does not have music playback.
- It does not have live tracking.
- It cannot provide sleep reports.
- It is not compatible with iOS.
What features make Garmin Connect unique then the Apple Health?
- It is compatible with Android, but Apple’s health is not.
- It can support different routes, but Apple’s health cannot.
- It supports all sorts of widgets, but Apple’s health does not.
- It can measure the pace which Apple Health cannot.
- It can provide sleep reports, but Apple Health does not.
- It can track unlimited elevation, but Apple Health cannot.
- It can include access to an online portal which Apple Health cannot.
- It can be personalized, but apple health cannot.
Similar Features of Garmin Connect and Apple Health:
Some similar features of Garmin Connect and Apple Health are curated in the following list:
- Both apps are freemium fitness apps.
- Both apps are compatible with Android.
- Both apps are free of all sorts of Ads.
- Both apps contain an exercise diary.
- Both are compatible with external heart rate monitors.
- Both can track distance accurately.
- Both can count the number of calories burnt in a day.
- Both apps have music playback features in them.
- Both apps can sync data to the cloud efficiently.
- Both apps can track weight up to a good level.
- Both apps have a route tracker with them.
What are the drawbacks of Apple Health?
Drawbacks of Apple Health:
- It is not compatible with Android.
- It does not support widgets.
- It cannot be personalized much.
- It is unable to measure pace.
- It cannot provide sleep reports to the users.
- It does not include access to an online portal.
- It cannot link social networks and does not contain social features.
- It does not contain a live tracking option.
- It does not support routes well.
Can Garmin Connect sync to Samsung Health and Apple Health?
Yes, Garmin connect can offer sync to Samsung Health as well as Apple Health too. It can sync data from the very first day of installation, after the free trial period. But according to the latest news it has been found that step data can’t be sync to Samsung Health anymore after 30th June 2020, although other types of data will continue to work.
On the other hand, Garmin Connect supports Apple Health in the sync of step data. For the complete transference of data, you must make sure that the Garmin connect app remains open while sync of data is taking place. Otherwise, you’ll be left up with the incomplete data.
Steps to sync Garmin connect and Apple Health
The following are some steps to be followed while enabling data to Apple Health via Garmin Connect.
- Firstly, open your Apple Health app.
- Select “sources” from the bottom menu of the app.
- Select the connect option from the app.
- Lastly, switch to enable steps data.
- After the completion of enabling data, the Apple Health app will display your previously recorded data.
A related article that you might find interesting: Garmin Connect VS Strava.
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.