In this article, I will help you with syncing Garmin connect to the most popular Fitness apps -Strava, Google fit, Samsung health, apple health, Relive, RunKeeper, Endomondo, MyFitnessPal, Runtastic, Nike Run Club and SportTracks.
Over the last few years, people have gone crazy about fitness and credits go to awareness. This has induced the launch of trillions of fitness tracking apps with unique features and significance.
There is one limitation with good fitness tracking apps that support specific devices only. For instance, you need to choose if you want to connect and track the activity with Google Fit, Apple Health, or other apps like Endomondo or Strava.
Here is an article on my website that you must read, its about Activity Tracker Compatible with Strava & Samsung Health
In light of this limitation, it is needless to say that it’s very tedious and that is why we are going to help you sync the devices with the apps.
Syncing Garmin Connect To 11 Popular Third-Party Fitness Apps
In this article, we will walk you through the process of syncing Garmin Connect to multiple fitness apps such as Strava, Google Fit, Apple Health, RunKeeper, and many more. This synchronization will help you share the recorded data with other apps and can be shared publicly as well.
1. Sync Garmin Connect With Strava
- Login to the Strava app and click on the upload button
- On the left side, click on “device” and then, click on “get started.”
- This opens a dialog box which allows you to connect to the Garmin
- A pop-up window will appear where you need to sign in
- After few seconds, a confirmation page will pop up on Strava
Note: It will take a few minutes to connect, and the connectivity varies with the device. For instance, it might use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to get connected.
When I tried this connectivity, I was able to sync the Garmin Fenix2 with Bluetooth Smart. Once I uploaded the activity, it sent over the activity data to Strava in a few minutes. You need to keep in mind that the activity will be saved with the same name as you did in Garmin.
Personally, I loved the syncing as it didn’t take more than 20 seconds, where the estimated time was about three to five minutes. Also, I love personalization so; I edited the names of the activity.
2. Sync Garmin Connect With Samsung Health
Since Samsung’s latest update (1st of September 2019) to its Health app, there isn’t an option anymore to integrate Garmin connect (as long as many other popular apps) with Samsung Health.
3. Sync Garmin Connect with Google Fit
This procedure is a little tricky because Garmin doesn’t connect directly with Google Fit at the moment and requires using a third-party app. In this procedure, I am going to use the ‘FitnessSyncer” through which I’ll get to earn CARROT credit. So, let’s get to the steps then!
- Download the FitnessSyncer and Garmin Connect in the phone
- Open the Garmin Connect app and sign up
- Then, open the FitnessSyncer and sign up
- Go to “sources” in the FitnessSyncer app and add the Garmin Connect account
- Go to “destinations” and add the Google Fit account details after logging in to the Gmail account you have added in the phone
- Then, open the CARROT app, go to the settings and click on “Change Fitness Account.”
- Sign in using the same Gmail account as you did before in the FitnessSyncer
- After signing in, go to the “home” and refresh the app by pulling down from the top bar
- It will take a few minutes to sync all the data, and after that, you will be able to track the activity
4. Sync Garmin Connect With Apple Health
In this section, we are going to help track and sync your activities if you are an iPhone user. So, let’s get to it!
- First of all, you need to enable the Garmin Connect sharing from the Apple Health (you need to wait until the data is shared with Garmin Connect because if the app is closed, the sharing stops and synchronization will be interfered
- Once you have signed in, open the Apple Health app
- Go to “sources” from the menu
- Click on “connect.”
- Now, just toggle the activity on to “write to health.”
- Sync the Garmin tracker and Connect app before moving to the CARROT app
- If you want to stop the syncing, you will need to disable it from the “Sources” in Apple Health
5. Sync Garmin Connect with RunKeeper
For this section, you need to have access to the Strava’s and RunKeeper’s password. You need to know that connecting with the social media apps will not work and neither the Google account password. So, if you don’t remember the password, reset it by “forgetting password” and save the new passwords. Once you have the passwords, move to the following steps;
- First of all, open the RunKeeper app and go to the account settings from the settings menu
- At the left side, click on “Export data” and fill in the data range
- A download button will appear, and you need to click on it
- Then, go to the Strava account, log in to the and click on the “upload activity.”
- From the left menu, click on the “file” and unzip the downloaded file from the RunKeeper
- After unzipping, upload the.GPX files
- Once you upload, you will be able to find all the data on RunKeeper and Strava
When I tried this method, it worked aptly, and no errors were found.
6. Sync Garmin Connect With Endomondo
This is a very easy procedure because everything has been automated in this process. This procedure will allow you to sync the workouts from Garmin Connect to Endomondo automatically. So, let’s get to the steps then!
- If you are using the Endomondo app, go to the settings
- Then, go to “connect and share.”
- Just click on “connect” to Garmin account
- Now, log in using the Garmin Connect account details
- Enable the access for Endomondo to read and access the Garmin Connect data
- Once you enable the option, everything will be synced without any hassle
Upon trying this method, I was able to sync the lap splits, calories, workout map, cadence, heart rate, and altitude data. To be honest, I was pretty impressed by the accuracy.
7. Sync Garmin Connect With MyFitnessPal
This method is straightforward, and the steps included are no rocket science. So, let’s see how you can be helped with this!
- Open the Garmin Connect app and sign in
- On the left side, there is a navigation bar from which you need to click on “Health Stats.”
- Click on the “calories in/out” option and then click on the “connect to MyFitnessPal.”
- Now, log in using the MyFitnessPal account details
- You will be signed in and all the data will be synced automatically but might take a few minutes
8. Sync Garmin Connect With Runtastic
- Go to the Runtastic website and enable the social connection from the settings
- Then, open the Runtastic app and go to partner accounts from the settings
- Choose the “Garmin Connect” from the available options
- Once you connect, sign in using the Garmin Connect account details and authorize the Runtastic app
- This is all you needed to do, and the data will be synced in no time!
After syncing the apps, I went out for a jog and got the notification as soon as I stopped jogging. I was impressed because I didn’t expect such precision.
9. Garmin Connect with Nike Run Club
When I tried syncing Garmin Connect with the NRC app, it worked like charms because I went for exercise with the watch and when checked my phone, everything was synced up already. If you want the same hassle-free syncing, follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Open the Nike Run Club app and go to the settings
- Go to the “Partner” tab and choose Garmin Connect
- Sign in using the Garmin Connect details and enable the data sharing
- This is all!
10. Garmin Connect With SportTracks
This is such an easy method as I was able to set up everything in less than five minutes. Once you are done with the settings, everything will be automated, and you will have nothing to worry about (just like me!) So, let’s get to the steps;
- Go to the SportTracks app and click on “My Account.”
- Then, tap on the sharing tab and from there, click on the “Connect” button
- Then, choose the Garmin Connect and allow the data sharing
- Once you give the authorization, click on the “Finish” button and you are done!
11. Garmin Connect With Relive
- Open the Relive app and go to the settings
- Then, click on the “Connected trackers.”
- Choose “Garmin Connect” and login using the Garmin Connect account details
- Once you log in, you will be asked for authorization and to give permission, click on “I consent.”
- Once you provide the consent, everything will be synced up!
How Do I Add Custom Exercises To Garmin Connect?
If you want to add custom exercises, then you have to have a Garmin Connect account. You can send or create workouts in two ways which are Garmin connect app and Garmin connect to the web.
Garmin Connect App Open:
You have to select the android or iOS operating system from the Garmin Connect app feature. Then, you have to select training and planning. After that, go to the workout section and save your workout type.
Lastly, you have to sync your device to the Garmin connect app for sending workouts.
Garmin Connect Web Open:
The procedure of Garmin connect web is the same as Garmin connect app open. You just need to sign up for Garmin connect when you go into a website first.
To add custom exercises to Garmin connect, you have to select step types on the Garmin Connect app or website. After that, set a duration type and intensity target. According to your workout, you have to add Cricut, repeat, or round.
After that, you are able to add custom exercises to Garmin connect.
How Do I Transfer Data From Apple Health To Garmin Connect?
If you enable the sharing option, then Apple health can transfer data to Garmin connect.
So, let’s see the process of transferring data from Apple Health to Garmin Connect:
- You have to go to the ‘Apple health app’.
- In the health app, select ‘summer’ and ‘profile pictures’.
- Then, you will see the ‘app’ on privacy.
- After clicking the app, you will find an option which is ‘connect app’, and on the ‘categories’ option.
- After enabling Garmin connect in Apple health, you can send the data to the Garmin connect app.
- For this, you have to open the Garmin connect app.
- If you do not open the app, then you will not transfer data from Apple Health to Garmin connect.
For good health, fitness tracking apps are very important. If you connect Garmin with the most popular fitness app, then you can get fitness information throughout your wrist.
According to your wish, you can add new fitness exercises with Garmin connect easily. As a result, Garmin is the best watch for connecting with popular third-party fitness apps.
Also, make sure to check out my post on Which Garmin Watch Has The Best Display & Best Battery Life?
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.