If the Google fit is not tracking your cycling session and you are wondering what could be the problem, you are in the right place. In this guide, I will share the different solutions which you can use to fix this problem.
Cycling is one of the most fun activities which you can do to stay fit. In normal circumstances, Google Fit can accurately track the cycling session with the help of accelerometer and GPS.
Here is an article on my website that you must read, its about Google fit Can’t Verify Account and Login? Do This!
However, if it’s not tracking Cycling, then make sure that the GPS is turned on, and tracking in the Google Fit app is turned on. Let’s take a look at the different solutions which can help you solve this issue.
Table of Contents
How Google Fit Tracks The Cycling?
Let’s take a quick look at how Google Fit tracks the Cycling. It’s important to understand as it will help you determine what is wrong.
When you use the Google fit for tracking your Cycling or any other activity, it mainly uses the two sensors of your smartphone: GPS and Accelerometer.
If we take the one sensor out of the equation, then you will see the huge deviation in the accuracy.
For example, if we disable the GPS, then the accelerometer cannot track the location, and you will get the inaccurate or maybe no data at all.
Now that you know how Google Fit tracks Cycling let’s take a look at the solutions which you can use if Google fit is not tracking Cycling.
Google Fit Not Tracking Cycling? Here Are The Potential Solutions
Google Fit not tracking Cycling is a very common issue, and if you are also facing this issue, then there is nothing to worry about. You can use the following solutions to fix the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Enable “Track your Activities” in the App
Let’s start with the simple solution as many users usually ignore it. Before you start tracking your workout, make sure that “Track your Activities” is enabled on your Google Fit app. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Google Fit App
- Now tap the profile in the bottom right corner
- Tap the gear icon on the top corner.
- Scroll down and toggle “Track your activities” to blue to turn it on.
2. Make Sure That Google App Has Permission To Use The Location Services
If Google Fit is not tracking your cycling session, then it could be due to the fact that the app doesn’t have the permission to use the location (GPS) of your smartphone. Here’s how you can check it.
- Open the Settings of your smartphone.
- Now scroll down and tap the “Apps” section
- Tap “Permissions”
- Find the “Location” section and tap it.
- Now find the “Fit” app and check if the location permission is enabled. If it’s not enabled, toggle the switch to turn it on.
- That’s it.
3. Make sure that GPS is turned on when cycling
As the GPS sensor plays a very important role in tracking your cycling session, always make sure that GPS is turned on when you are going for the cycling session.
4. Pick the right track mode for the Cycling
If the Google fit is not tracking your cycling session, then there are chances that you are not picking the right track mode.
In Google Fit, the right track mode for Cycling is “Biking” mode, so whenever you go out for Cycling, make sure that you start the tracking with “Biking” Mode.
5. Remove the Cache of Google Fit
If you have used the above methods, but the problem is still there, and the app is still not tracking your Cycling, then you can use this method.
In this method, you will remove the cache, which is the temporary data that app downloads for its working.
In some cases, the cache also messes up with the working of the app. so when you remove the cache, the app downloads the latest data from the server, and there are chances that clearing the cache might fix the issue for you. Here’s how you can remove the cache of Google Fit.
- Unlock your smartphone
- Open the apps menu and tap the Settings app.
- Once you are in the settings, tap the search bar, and type “Apps.”
- Now in the Apps section, select “Apps”
- Here you will find the list of apps installed on your device.
- Find “Google Fit” and tap it.
- Tap “Storage”
- Now tap “Clear Cache” and
- That’s’ it.
Now restarts your smartphone and check again. If Google Fit is still not tracking your cycling session after applying all fixes, then the problem could be at Google’s end.
In this case, you can check for the update, and if there’s no update, then you can report this issue to developers. Here’s how you can send feedback to Google Fit’s developers.
- Open the Google Fit App
- Tap on the Profile picture at the top right corner.
- Tap “Help & Feedback”
- Now tap the “Send Feedback” option at the bottom
- In the Feedback option, explain everything in detail and send it to the team.
- Once the team receives your feedback, they may contact you further information.
Google Fit not tracking the cycling session is a very common issue these days, but the above solutions can potentially fix this problem for you.
If the problem is still there after applying all these solutions, then there’s nothing wrong at your end, and the problem is at Google’s end.
So, the only thing you can do is to report the problem and wait for the developers to fix it. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.