International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is given to every device, which allows Network carriers to validate devices and give access to the Network. If your IMEI Number falls into the wrong hands, a lot of things can go wrong. So, if you want to learn How to Hide IMEI Numbers in 2022, this guide is for you. Let’s get started.
How to Hide IMEI Number on Android in 2022?
Android Smartphones come with tons of ways that you can use to find the IMEI Number. In this section, I’ll explain the different ways which you can use to find an IMEI Number, and I’ll also explain how you can stop others from using these ways to find your IMEI Number.
· Using Code – One of the easiest ways to son Android smartphones is to use *#06#. If someone dials this code on your device, they will be able to know your IMEI. So, if you don’t want it to happens, never allow anyone to access your smartphone.
· Using SIM Card Tray – Most modern smartphones don’t come with an IMEI Number on SIM Card Tray, but some android phones have it on SIM Card Tray. So, the simple way to stop others from using this method to find your IMEI is to never allow anyone to access your smartphone.
· Using Settings – If someone has access to your smartphone, they can also find the IMEI Number of your device from the settings. So, if you don’t want anyone to use this method, never allow anyone to access your settings.
· Using Phone’s Box – One of the simplest ways to find the IMEI Number is to use the Phone’s Box. Smartphone’s Box comes with an IMEI Number on the backside, and if you don’t like it to happen, you can use a permanent marker on top of it. However, make sure that you note down the IMEI number and save it in a secure place.
Check out my post that covers the question: What if Someone Has My IMEI Number? Is It Dangerous?
How to Hide IMEI Number on iPhone in 2022?
Like Android, iPhone also offers a variety of ways to find IMEI Numbers, and if you want to hide your IMEI Number from others, it’s important that you know these ways. In this way, you will be able to know how to stop others from using these methods. In this section, I’ll share the methods which you can use to find the IMEI Number on your iPhone and how to hide your IMEI from others.
· Using Code – Like Android, Apple also allows users to find their IMEI Number using *#06# Code. If you don’t want anyone to find your IMEI number using this method, don’t allow anyone to access your device.
· Using SIM Card Tray – If you have iPhone 6s Plus or later versions of the iPhones, you can find the IMEI number on the SIM Card Tray. So, never allow anyone to take out the SIM Card Tray of your iPhone as they can use it to know your IMEI number.
· Using Back of the iPhone – If you have iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, SE (1st Generation), iPhone 6 Plus, or 6, then you can find the IMEI number on the back of your device. If you don’t want anyone to know your IMEI using this method, you can use Permanent Marker or Sticker on top of the IMEI number.
· Using iPhone’s Box – iPhones these days come in a very sleek box which also comes with IMEI on the back. So, if you don’t want anyone to find your IMEI using the Box, you can use a permanent marker or Sticker on the Box. However, if you intend to sell your iPhone later, you should use Sticker as using a Permanent marker can compromise the resale value of your device.
Make sure to check out this post that I have written: How to know if IMEI is Blacklisted, Unlocked, or Fake?
Does Hiding IMEI make the phone Untraceable?
Many people think that if they hide the IMEI of their devices, it will make their devices untraceable, which is not true. If you hide the IMEI Number of your devices, normal people won’t be able to know it, and hence they can’t use it to track you. However, if any authority wants to track you, they can track your phone because the IMEI of your device will be linked with your phone, and once they know your number, they will be able to track your location, calls, and messages.
How to Hide IMEI Number from being tracked by Police?
If you want to Hide an IMEI Number from being tracked by Police, it’s a very complex task, but it’s not impossible. I’ll explain it using the different scenarios.
If the Police decide to track you, they have many ways to find and track you. For example, if they know your IMEI Number, which they can find using the database that has details of the owners of smartphones, and once they have your IMEI Number, they can look it up on the Network Carrier’s database and find the number which is linked to your IMEI Number.
Thus, once they have a number, they will be able to track you. Similarly, if they have your Phone Number, which they can easily find using the Network Carrier’s Database, and once they have your number, they will be able to know which device you are using and IMEI Number. In both scenarios, they will be able to track you.
If you don’t want the Police to track you, you can use buy a burner smartphone or a smartphone using fake identification. On top of that, you will also have to use a number that is not associated with you. In this way, Police won’t be able to track you as they don’t have any means to track you.
However, it’s important to note here that many departments use advanced Software and technologies to track people, and if you use any buzzword in your call or message, it can be flagged by the system, and they can find you. So, in a nutshell, you can use this method to stop Police and other law enforcement agencies from tracking you for a few hours or days, but it’s not a permanent solution.
That’s all, folks. In this guide, you learned how to hide the IMEI number on Android and iPhone in 2022. You also learned how to hide the IMEI Number from being tracked by Police. Also, check this guide if you want to learn How to Block stolen iPhone with IMEI Number.