Can Ring camera see through glass and how to make your security camera more efficient for recording behind glass? I will answer these common questions in this article.
We often install security cameras in our windows facing outside to monitor the surroundings of the house. We often install these cameras for surveilling the front yard from the inside.
Here is an article on my website that you must read, its about the Best Activity/Fitness Tracking Ring, Motiv Fitness tracking Ring Review.
Sometimes, we hear people say that security cameras that are installed inside a glass window do not work properly. So, we’ve jotted down some important information that will change your opinion.
Can Rings Work Through Glass?
First, let’s see what are the potential problems that you can expect when using cameras through glass? The first and foremost problem with security cameras that are operating from behind a glass window is window glare.
This problem is caused by infrared LEDs, ambient lights or some kind of status lights. As a consequence, whiteout images or videos are recorded through the cameras.
This makes it difficult to make out all the details and generally defeats the purpose of putting a security camera in the first place. This problem is mostly at night time while it works perfectly fine during the light hours.
Another problem with these cameras is that they are unable to detect motion behind the glass or have difficulty while doing so. The same goes for motion-triggered recording.
While there are some cameras available in the market that work through glass windows, here are some quick fixes that can make any camera more efficient while still working from within a glass window.
- To prevent glare, you can turn off or disable infrared lights as well as any status lights that are covering the area that your security camera covers. This will control the glare to a great extent.
- One more thing that can be done is to place the camera as close as possible to the glass window.
- A suction cup can also be mounted on the glass to set up the camera on the window facing outside to monitor your entrance and parking area.
- Motion-activated or auto external lights can also be put up outside so that the area is illuminated enough so that it does not hinder the recording of the security camera.
Can Ring Security Cameras See From A Glass?
There are a number of Ring security cameras that work well from behind a glass window. These are the ones that do not come with spotlights or floodlights. These cause a heavy glare on the glass and thus make it impossible to have a clear view of the outside area.
So, their indoor and outdoor cameras that do not have a spotlight attached to them can work very efficiently behind a glass window. These include all types of spotlight, wired, battery-operated cameras in their range of security cameras.
The floodlight and spotlight cameras can also be modified by disabling their lights and then used from behind a glass window.
When a night vision surveillance camera is used through a glass window, it can be used to monitor the front yard, porch, backyard or garage area.
They are placed inside so that they’re concealed and out of sight so all the activities going on outside can be monitored. For these cameras, we have compiled a list of tips that will make your security camera more efficient during the day and night.
Some Additional Tips To Use Cameras From Behind A Glass Window:
- Use separate infrared or street illuminators that light up the area from the outside.
- Make sure that the room where the camera is placed is darker than the outside area, this will help to get a clear image/video recording.
- Disable infrared lights as they reduce the visibility of security cameras.
- Use window mounts so that the cameras have minimal distance from the glass it has to view through.
- Make sure that the glass panels or window surfaces are cleaned daily, this will also help to get better quality videos in surveillance. The cameras will be able to catch more details from the outside area.
- While installing the camera, it is better to leave the window open.
- Make sure that the security cameras are placed in a secure area that is out of reach so they are not mishandled easily.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Can Ring Cameras See Inside Cars?
Answer: Yes, Ring cameras can see inside cars, but not every Ring camera can do that. The Ring has launched a new Ring Car Cam specialized for cars that can see both inside and outside of the cars from any place as long as connected to Wi-Fi or LTE.
How Do I Get My Ring Camera To Work Through A Window?
Answer: You can get your Ring camera to work through a window by building the window panel with see-through glass. Also, you need to clean your window on a regular basis and locate the camera close to the window.
How Far Can The Ring Camera See?
Answer: The Ring camera can see the highest at a distance of 30 to 40 feet from the position of the camera. It can see a maximum of 155 degrees in the horizontal direction and from five to twenty-five feet in the vertical direction.
Can You Tell If Someone Is Watching You On A Ring Camera?
Answer: Generally, you can never tell if someone is watching you on a Ring camera. But during the night, you can see the infrared light switched on, only in case the camera is switched on and you are in a position from where you can see it.
Nowadays, there are many available cameras out there in the market specialized to see through window glass.
However, in this article, you have discovered numerous tips that can help you in improving the efficiency of your normal Ring camera while working through window glass, thus, helping you to reduce all the above-mentioned difficulties.
However, if you have any queries or suggestions, please write in the comment section given below.
Another post that will interest you is about How to Keep Glasses from Falling Off During Sport & Running?
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.