Apple Watch is known for its premium hardware and top of the line feature, and Apple regularly releases new updates to improve its WatchOS.
That’s why you must regularly update your Apple watch to ensure a great user experience. However, while updating the OS, you can experience some issues.
Here is a related article that might interest you on Wearing Apple Watch Inside Of Wrist In 2023 | Why? Will It Work?
In this guide, I will discuss the different solutions which you can use if Apple Watch unable to check for Update or stuck on Update. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Apple Watch Unable To Check For Update?
If you are trying to update your Apple watch and are unable to check for Update, it could be due to various issues. Let’s take a look at the potential solutions which can fix this problem for you.
1. Make sure that your Apple Watch is qualified for the new Update
The first thing you need to make sure is to check if your Apple Watch is qualified for the new Update. WatchOS 7 is the latest and greatest OS version for Apple Watch, and it only supports the Apple Watch Series 3 or later versions.
This means that if you have Apple Watch Series 2 or earlier versions, you won’t be able to update your WatchOS to the latest version.
2. Check your Internet (WiFi) Connection
If your Apple Watch is qualified for the latest Update, but you are still unable to check for Update, it could be due to an unstable WiFi Connection or no WiFi connection. Here’s how you can check it.
- Open your iPhone
- Go to the Settings
- Find “WiFi” and tap it.
- Now make sure that your WiFi is connected.
- Go to the Bluetooth section in the Settings and ensure that your iPhone is connected to your Apple Watch.
Once you have verified the settings, go to your Apple Watch. Swipe up and check the banner on the top left corner of the screen. If it’s green, it means that everything is good.
3. Unpair & Pair your Apple Watch
If none of the above methods have worked, you can use this method as it works well most of the time. Just unpair your Apple Watch and pair it again with your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open your Apple Watch App on iPhone
- Go to My Watch Screen and tap “All Watches.”
- Now find your Apple Watch and tap the info icon.
- Find “Unpair Apple Watch” and tap it.
- The system will ask you for confirmation, confirm it.
- If you have a cellular version, you will be asked to keep or remove your plan. You should keep your cellular plan.
- Once you unpaired it, just restart the Apple Watch and Follow these steps to pair it.
- Turn on your Apple Watch
- Now bring it close to your iPhone and wait for the iPhone to detect Apple Watch.
- Once the prompt appears, tap continues.
- Now place your Apple Watch in a position where you can see it through the viewfinder in Apple Watch App.
- That’s it.
Now check again for the Update, and you should be able to update your Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Stuck On Update? Here’s What To Do!
Apple Watch Stuck on Update is another very common issue which you can face. So, if you ever face this issue, you can fix it by following these steps.
- The first step is to make sure that you connect your Charger with iPhone and Apple Watch. In many cases, if the battery is low, the systems stop the Update.
- If the battery is not the issue and your Apple Watch is stuck, you can restart it. Just press and hold the power button and drag the slider of power off to turn off the device.
- Now press and hold the side button again to turn on the device.
- Also, restart your paired iPhone. Just press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears on the screen. Now drag the slide and let the device to turn off.
- Now press and hold the side button again to turn on the iPhone.
- Once you have restarted both devices, check the internet connection, and start the Update again!
- That’s it.
Apple Watch, Unable to Verify Update? Here’s what to do!
If you have downloaded a WatchOS update and the system is unable to Verify Update, here’s what you should do.
- The first and simple solution to fix this problem is to check your internet connection. If your device is not connected to the internet, the system won’t be able to verify Update, and hence you will get this issue.
- If the issue still persists, just restart your Apple Watch and try to update your WatchOS again!
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
For your further inquiry, you may check out this section of the article. Here, we will answer the most common questions regarding Apple Watch Unable To Check Or Stuck On Update?
What’s the latest OS version for Apple Watch?
WatchOS 7 is the latest OS version for Apple Watch, and it’s only available for Apple Watch Series 3 or the latest versions.
Why is it taking so long to update my Apple Watch?
If you are downloading a big update like WatchOS 6 to WatchOS 7, it can take some time, depending on your internet connection speed. If it’s taking unusually long time like hours, simply restart your Apple watch and update it again!
How do I update Apple Watch Immediately?
The normal WatchOS updates require only a few minutes to update the OS. However, you can speed up the process by using a fast and reliable internet connection.
How long should an Apple Watch Update take?
There’s no official figure on the duration of Apple Watch Update, but the Apple Watch shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to update its software, according to my experience. However, if you are downloading a big update, it can take more time.
Now you know what to do if your Apple Watch is unable to check for Update or stuck on Update.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know in the comment section below. Also, visit WearToTrack for more useful guides!
Here is an article on my website that you must read, its about Apple Music Replay Not Working | 5 Easy Ways To Fix It!
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.