Alzheimer and Dementia are two diseases that affect the person’s memory which makes it difficult for patients to adapt to their environments and learn things.
If your loved one is also suffering from this disease then you can use the tracking device to track their movements and ensure their safety.
According to the World Health Organization, there are more than 40 million Alzheimer and Dementia patients in the world.
Here is a related article that might interest you on the Best Fitbit Compatible Apps For Running And Sleep Tracking.
As both conditions result in memory impairment, communication impairment, and damage thinking abilities. It makes it difficult for patients to adapt to their environment and they forget things.
In this case, you can use the Tracking device to keep you updated with the location of your loved one and also ensure their safety. I have compiled the list of tracking devices for Alzheimer and dementia patients. Let’s take a look at them.
Table of Contents
What Is The Best Tracking Device For Alzheimer And Dementia Patients?
There are tons of tracking devices available out there and each of them comes with its own set of unique features. In this section, I will share some of the best tracking devices which you can use to locate your loved ones and ensure their safety.
Trax is a Swedish company that is known for its compact trackers. The company offers the world’s smallest and lightest GPS Trackers which you can use to actively track your loved ones.
Trax offers a variety of trackers including the Trax 2G, Trax 3G, and Trax 4G. You can use these models depending on the coverage area which you can find on the Trax official website.
The company supports more than 100 countries around the world including the USA, UK, Canada, Germany, and many more.
Trax Trackers comes with real-time tracking which means the tracker will send you the updated information every 10 seconds which means you will be able to track your loved on in real-time.
The Trax also comes with the augmented reality tracking feature “AR+” which allows you to find the Trax Tracker using the smartphone of your camera. Trax Trackers comes with the following features.
- You can set up multiple geofences and set up individual schedules for each geofence alerts from the app.
- You can set up the speed limit and the tracker will send you the alerts if your loved speed exceeds the set limit.
- You can track your loved ones in real-time.
- You can track multiple trackers in the app and there are no limits.
- Trax is available for multiple platforms including Android, IOS, Web App, and Desktop.
You can get the basic Trax 2G for around $135, Trax 3G is available for ~$166. The Trax 6 Month Data Plan is available for ~$60 and Trax 12 Months Plan is available for ~$73. All data plans are prepaid.
AngelSense is a US-based company that specializes in tracking devices. The company offers a tracking device for Alzheimer and Dementia Patients. It comes with a wide array of features which allow you to track your loved one and it offers other features that offer you peace of mind by knowing that your loved one is safe.
AngelSense Tracking Device comes with tons of features and these are some of the salient features of the device.
- Accurate GPS Tracking with the app that you can install on your smartphone.
- The device comes with Auto pick-up speakerphone functionality which allows the device to auto pick up your call and you can communicate.
- If you think that your loved one needs the medical emergency or rescue you can share the live location of the tracker with the first responders.
- The app also offers intelligent alerts about leaving home or if your loved one misses the therapy session, the app will let you know.
- You can also listen to what happening around your loved one using the tracking device.
- The app also maintains the timeline of the location and other information that you can access later.
The cost of the tracker is $229 and you will need to get the subscription plan as well which starts at $39.99 per month. The company offers a discount on a yearly subscription.
iTraq is one of the best compact tracking devices for Alzheimer and dementia patients. One of the best things about iTraq is that it comes in a very compact size and you can easily put in the pocket of your loved one to effectively track the movement.
iTraq is a general tracker that you can use to track your luggage or any item you want. However, the company offers some unique features which are there to help Alzheimer and dementia patients. The iTraq tracking device comes with the following features.
- The tracker offers the accurate GPS Tracking of your loved one.
- You can define the geographic area and when your loved one leaves the area you will get the alert.
- Comes with the SOS button which is an ideal feature for those who are in the early stages of dementia and they can press the button to alert you and trusted contacts if they need help.
- It comes with a temperature sensor where you can set the threshold for ideal temperature and the device sends you an alert if your loved one is wandering outside in very cold or hot temperatures.
- iTraq is also equipped with a motion sensor that will send you the alert if your loved one has fallen down or moved.
You can get the iTraq for $129 and the unlimited reporting plan for 1 year will cost you $59. If you consider it with other tracking devices, iTraq offers a more affordable plan.
PocketFinder is a popular company that specializes in tracking devices. The company offers a range of products that you can use to track your cars, pets, luggage, kids, and patients who are suffering from Alzheimer and dementia. PocketFinder+ Personal Tracker is a compact tracking device that can help you track your loved one.
The tracker uses the GPS, Cell ID and Google Wi-Fi touch for tracking. PocketFinder+ Personal Tracker comes with the following features.
- You can accurately track your loved ones with accurate tracking technologies.
- You will get the alerts when your love goes out of the geofence zone.
- You can access the tracker history of the last 60 days using the app.
- It comes with the SOS button which your loved ones can press if they need medical help or rescue.
- The device will also send you a low battery alert.
You can get the PocketFinder+ Personal tracker for $99 and the service plan starts at $12.95 per month. It is another very affordable tracing device with an affordable service plan.
GPS Smart Sole is one of the best tracking devices for Alzheimer and Dementia Patients. As the name suggests, it is a shoe sole that can fit into most shoes and it comes with the waterproof tracker which uses the 2G Cellular technology and GPS to track your loved one.
The best thing about GPS Smart Sole is that it is very discreet and if you put in the shoe, the patient won’t even notice it. GPS Smart Sole comes with the following features.
- The Tracker shares the location of your loved one every 5 minutes.
- It also updates the location to GTX Corp Monitoring System and the data is charted on the map which allows the first responders to access the location of your loved one if the patient needs any medical help or rescue.
- The Monitoring systems send you the updates via email and text messages if your loved one leaves the Geo-zone.
GPS Smart Sole is available for $299 and you will also need a service plan which starts at $14.95 per month.
The watch is made for elderly people. As a result, the heart rate monitor function is a very advanced function. Also, it will tell you about your blood pressure. Moreover, you can track your every step through the watch because of its activity-tracking system.
It is a waterproof and touchscreen smartwatch. Besides, the watch is compatible with the smartphone. So, you can receive calls and get notifications easily.
You will get an emergency call feature. For this, when you feel unsafe you can use the emergency call feature.
Best Tracking Devices For Alzheimer And Dementia Patients- Buying Guide
When you buy a tracking device for Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients or if you are an Alzheimer and Dementia patient, then you have to consider some factors. In fact, the best tracking device will be very beneficial for you.
Let’s see those factors:
The display should have a touch screen so that you can use the watch without having any problems. In addition, you should check the resolution of the display very well.
If you have the intention to use the products on a regular basis, then you should choose the products which have high functionality. The watch should have an advanced feature. In fact, the high-level functional watch will work in an excellent way.
The best fitness tracking device will track your every step in a day accurately. It will not only track your fitness activities but also it will track your health condition.
The smartwatch will monitor your heart rate condition, ECG condition, blood saturation, sleep stage, and more.
GPS And Emergency Call
You should purchase a watch that has a GPS navigation system so that you can connect with Google Maps all the time. Also, the emergency call function is very important.
You can make a call in an emergency easily for the function via your wrist without going to another function of your watch.
The watch should have a durability battery life. Because, you can use the watch for a week without recharge it, if the battery of the watch is long-lasting.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Can You Get A Tracker For Someone With Dementia?
Answer: Yes, you can get a tracker for someone with dementia. Because the tracker has some amazing features such as GPS, long-lasting battery life, emergency call, activity tracking, and more which will be efficient for a dementia patient.
As a result, if they are lost somewhere they can take help via GPS. Moreover, they are able to check their health condition through the tracker.
Do All Tracking Devices Have A Monthly Fee?
Answer: In general, all tracking devices do not have a monthly fee. But for advanced features, GPS requires a monthly fee. The monthly fees of the trackers will be around $5 to $25 according to your need.
Does A Tracker Require WIFI?
Answer: A tracker does not require WIFI. For using GPS, fitness tracker, health condition tracking, and other services, you do not have to connect the WIFI with your tracker.
These are the best Tracking devices for Alzheimer and Dementia patients. These trackers come with the different features and plans which you can pick according to your requirements.
If you are looking for a low-profile Tracking device then GPS Smart sole is a great option for you. If you want something compact then Trax and iTraq are two solid options.
If you are looking for a feature-rich tracking device then PocketFinder and AngelSense trackers are great options for you. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment section below. Also, visit the website for more useful guides.
Here is an article on my website that you must read, its about Garmin Stress Tracking Review: Can You Track Stress From Your Wrist?
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.