There are different time zones across the world, so if you are a frequent traveler, then your Apple watch should change the time zone automatically, but can it do it?
If so, how can you change Time Zone on Apple watch without iPhone? Is it possible? Let’s find out.
Apple Watch normally uses the iPhone to determine the change in time zone, and it also requires the iPhone to apply the changes.
So, if you want to change the Time Zone on your Apple Watch without iPhone, it’s not possible, but there are some workarounds that you can use. Let’s take a look at how you can do it.
Here is a related article that might intrest you on the Which Apple Watch Bands are Best for Small Wrists.
How To Change Time Zone On Apple Watch With iPhone?
Apple Watch comes with all the sensors and specs it requires to detect the Time zone change, but for now, the watch cannot change the time zone without the paired iPhone.
So, if you are thinking of changing the time zone without the paired iPhone, then it’s not possible, and you cannot do it.
However, there are some workarounds which you can surely use. The first workaround is to use the World Clock on your Apple watch. On World Clock, you can add the city you want to add, and the watch will show you the time on your Apple watch.
If you want to add the Cities to World Clock, you will need to do it from your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Unlock your iPhone
- Locate the iPhone Clock app and tap it.
- Now tap the “World Clock” in the bottom left corner.
- Tap “+” icon on the top right corner
- Use the search bar to find the cities you want to add.
Now the city is added, the next step is to display it on your Apple watch. Here’s how you can do it.
- Tap on the display of your Apple watch to turn it on
- Now press and hold the display, the watch face will zoom out, and you should see the “Customize” button beneath it.
- Tap the “Customize” button
- Now use the crown to scroll down and keep doing it until a grey outline appears around the World Clock Widget and tap the widget to select it.
- Use the Digital Crown to find the time you want to display on your Apple watch face.
- Once you find it, press the crown once to return to the customize view and press it again to exit the customizer.
- That’s it.
The second workaround is much simpler, and you can use it if you just want to know the time in your time zone.
If you pick this way, you will be able to update the time on your Apple Watch, but it won’t change the actual time of the Apple Watch, and you will receive notifications according to the actual alarm. Here’s how you can use it.
- Open the settings of your Apple watch.
- Now find the “Clock” section and tap it.
- You should see the +0 min, tap it.
- Use the digital crown to add the extra minutes and tap “Set.”
How To Change Time On Apple Watch When Traveling To A Different Time Zone?
If you are traveling to a new Time Zone and you want to ensure that your Apple watch gets the new time zone, then you will need to ensure the following things.
- The first thing is to ensure that your Apple Watch is paired with an iPhone
- Also, make sure that your iPhone has the valid internet connection
- iPhone has access to location services.
Once your devices fulfill the above conditions, your iPhone will automatically detect the changes in the time zone, and it will show you the prompt. Tap on Restart, the iPhone will restart and apply the new time zone settings. If your Apple Watch is connected to the iPhone, the Apple Watch will also get the time zone update, and in this way, the time will be updated on both devices.
If you have already entered a new time zone, but the iPhone still hasn’t detected any time zone changes, then you can manually check for the time zone updates. Here’s how you can do it.
- The first step is to make sure that your iPhone fulfills the above three conditions.
- Now go to the settings of your iPhone
- Tap “General” and then tap “Date & Time.”
- Now, if your time zone has changed, then you will see the time zone update there, and you can use it to apply the changes.
If you are in the new time zone, but there’s no sign of Time zone update on your iPhone, then you should restart your iPhone. In many cases, restarting the iPhone solves the problem. Here’s how you can restart your iPhone.
- Press and hold the volume down button or side button of your iPhone.
- The menu will appear on display.
- Drag the Power Slider to turn your iPhone off
- Now press the side button and keep holding it until the Apple Logo appears on display.
Once the iPhone gets restarted, check again for the time zone update, and the update will be there.
Why Is My Apple Watch An Hour Behind?
If your Apple Watch is showing incorrect time or it’s an hour behind, then it could be due to time zone change. The best way to solve this problem is to connect the Apple watch with your iPhone, and it will automatically correct its time according to time on your iPhone.
You cannot change the time zone on Apple Watch without iPhone, but there are some ways which you can use to display the time of your desired city on your Apple watch, and I have explained those ways in great detail.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comment section. Also, visit the website for more useful guides.
As a professional trainer and a gadget lover, I’ve spent a lot of money and time buying wearable activity trackers, smartwatches, and gadgets, and checking them out. My site is focused on helping you with your activity tracking and smart technology journey. I try to provide the most helpful updated content on this subject. Hopefully, you will love my blogs and be a regular around here.